Sunny · 46°
Please contact the Adams County Veterans Affairs office for assistance in applying for federal VA benefits.
Eligibility for federal assistance requires one of the following:
- Be a wartime veteran with an honorable discharge (DD-214) with the following dates of service:
- Indian War 1/1/1817-12/21/1898
- Spanish American 4/21/1898 - 7/4/1902
- WWI 4/6/1917 - 11/11/1918
- WWII 12/7/1941 - 12/31/1946
- Korea 6/27/1950 - 1/31/1955
- Vietnam 8/5/1964 - 5/4/1975
- Persian Gulf 8/2/1990 - No End Date Set
- Be a widow or a minor child of a wartime veteran honorably discharged between the prior list of dates.
- Be a widow or minor child of a wartime veteran honorably discharged
- Former members of the Reserve Forces or Iowa National Guard who served at least 20 years or active service at least 90 days.