Partly cloudy · 75°
Public Legal Advice
This office cannot give legal advice or opinions to private citizens. If you have a legal issue involving Adams County it should be brought to the attention of the appropriate elected official or department head. For general legal assistance, you should seek advice from your own attorney.
500 Ninth St.
Corning, IA 50841
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The Adams County Attorney is the legal adviser and chief law enforcement officer for your county. Duties of the County Attorney include:
- Prosecuting all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Providing legal advice to the Board of Supervisors, county, and township officers concerning county matters.
- Representing and defending the state, county and its officers in officially related cases.
- Presenting all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and children in need of assistance cases.
The County Attorney, in their official capacity, does not:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against law suites, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents for private individuals
- Andrew Knuth, Adams County Attorney · 641-322-4008
- Lisa Brown, Paralegal · 641-322-4008
- Kandi Miller, Victim Witness Coordinator · 641-322-5047