Overcast · 30°
2022 General Election
November 8, 2022
A General Election is the election in which federal and state officers, members of Congress and of the general assembly, county and township officers, and other officers appear on the ballot. General Elections are held the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November of each even-numbered year.
Results Available on Election Night
0/5 Precincts Counted
Archived Election Details
Upcoming General Election and Important Dates
- Absentee Ballot Request Forms are being accepted now for the General Election to be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- The first day to vote in-person in the Auditor’s Office is Wednesday, October 19th and that will be the first day that ballots can be mailed to those who have requested them.
- Monday, October 24th is the deadline to request absentee ballots by mail and is also the voter pre-registration deadline. The Auditor’s Office will be open until 5:00 PM that day.
- The Auditor’s Office will also be open until 5 PM on Friday, November 4th and from 9-5 PM on Saturday, November 5th.
- The last day to vote absentee in-person is Monday, November 7th..
Election Day Poll Hours – 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Voting will take place at your regular polling location.
- Voter ID will be required on Election Day. Voters going to the polls on Election Day will be required to provide ID in order to cast a regular ballot
- Voter ID number or Voter PIN is required when requesting an absentee ballot. Effective October 1, 2019, voters are required to provide either their driver’s license or non operator’s ID number or their four digit voter PIN when requesting an absentee ballot be mailed to them or when voting absentee at the courthouse.
2021 Election Law Changes for Iowa Voters
Published by the Iowa State Association of County Auditors
Sample Ballots (PDF)
Back: Election Results