The Adams County Conservation Board and the people of Adams County invite you to visit Lake Icaria and its parks and spend some time enjoying the many activities available.
Lake Icaria was completed in 1978. Its name was derived from a French colony that settled in the area. The cost of the project was shared by Federal, State, County, and City Governments. The area is owned by the state and managed by the Adams County Conservation Board.
Lake Icaria is located just 4 miles north of Corning. It is approximately 90 miles southwest of Des Moines and 90 miles southeast of Omaha/Council Bluffs.
Learn more at MyCountyParks.com
- Camping – Choose one of the two spacious and modern camping areas on the south side of the lake, Timber Ridge or Lake View Campgrounds, with full service, electric, electric/water and tent sites (153 sites to choose from) or 14 log-style cabins and 2 ten-person family cottages are available to provide the best camping experience.
- Picnics – at one of four large reservable open air shelters or choose a smaller public shelter. Stand up grills and picnic areas with tables are available throughout the park.
- Disc Golf – Try your skills at our new 18 cage disc golf course between the Marina and Beach.
- Swimming – at the 300 foot sandy beach. Enjoy shelters with grills and picnic tables, playground, and a volleyball court while at the beach.
- Boating – in our 1 1/4 mile ski zone or see the sights with a putt in any of the 5 mph wake-free areas. Only outboards and inboard-outboards allowed.
- Trails – hike on one of the many trails. Enjoy over 6 miles of nature trails across bridges and stairs in the timber, stroll the open prairie, or take in the view of the lake.
- Fishing – large mouth bass, wipers, walleye, bluegill, crappie, and channel catfish. All can be both fun and challenging. We have a handicap pier as well as many jetties around the lake for shore access. Numerous boat ramps and wake free zones are geared toward the fisherman. Click here for DNR Iowa Outdoors
- Hunting – and nature areas abound at Lake Icaria as well as Hamilton Prairie, Hoskinson and Talty Wildlife Areas.
- Lake Icaria Information – Click here for additional information such as brochures, maps, and other items of interest.